Recently, I downloaded a wonderful app for my students who are working on following directions. The app is called Funny Directions by Speecharoo and my students loved it! Here are the top 10 reasons why I recommend this app!
1)Students can pick from four different settings: classroom, bedroom, beach and park. Students want to check out all of the settings which means they end up with a lot of practice! Each setting addresses 1, 2 and 3 step directions for a variety of difficulty.
2) The graphics are fun, bright and exciting!
3) Students can tap the sentence if they need to listen again. There is no limit on repetitions, which is perfect for kids who need more help.
4) You can pick if your students get verbal and visual directions or just one of them. It’s easy to turn them on and off with a simple change in the settings.
5) If students do not correctly follow a direction, it will automatically be repeated (if the voice option is turned on).
6) Each time a direction is correctly followed, students get a positive reinforcement in the form of songs, jokes or moving images. Talk about motivation!
7) At the end of 10 questions, no matter if students correctly follow 0 or 10 directions, a ‘Great Job’ graphic pops up. Not only is this reinforcing for students, but they also get to ‘pop’ some celebration balloons!
8) Tracking is so easy with this app. It tracks how many are correct or incorrect and is shown in the top right hand corner. This is perfect for busy SLPs!
9) The directions include a variety of verbs such as tap, push, poke, tip, find, etc. which is great for students working on verbs. Two and three step directions include a variety of prepositional words and phrases.
10) It’s fun, motivating, colorful, helps save time, motivates your students and tracks your data! It is a wonderful app that you and your students will love!
Of course, I can’t rave about this app without giving one away! Enter here for a free copy of the Funny Directions by Speecharoo app.